Thursday, June 14, 2018

French Open Champ Reveals Secret to Success!

Roberta Bell is back home now from her French Open media blitz across Europe and America. I caught up with Roberta earlier today at the Johnny Cash Museum, which has now become MY favorite place in Nashville, as she graciously agreed to sit down for one more interview.



A big part of your success in this year's French Open came from anticipating Madison Keys' deep run. What did you see in her that other FTLers did not?
I like Keys – her and Sloane are 2 of my favs on the tour. So glad she came through for me!

You've won 2 of the last 3 major events, so you seem to be switching your game to a higher gear when the points are doubled. What's your secret?
Dumb luck? Well, honestly, I love the major events so I focus more – just like Keys.☺

Our next event, Wimbledon, is also a major, which makes you one of the favorites. How will you cope with the lofty expectations that will be heaped upon you?
Oh my – I am humbled. Wimbledon has a soft spot in my heart – it’s the event that got me into watching tennis. The transition to grass is always hard, so I’m sure I’ll be back to bring up the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment